I am a big fan of muffins, especially gooey chocolatey ones! However, I am not happy feeding my family on high sugar sweet treats so I have played around with a regular muffin recipe and found a great healthy alternative.
These Omega Breakfast muffins are great for breakfast on the go (which is normally what my husband does) or even with a cup of green tea in the afternoon. My kids love them and are always asking for more! As these are breakfast muffins they aren’t as sweet as normal muffins, they are just sweetened with organic raw honey.
- 2 eggs
- 150ml Natural yoghurt
- 50ml rapeseed oil or (even better) coconut oil
- 100g fruit puree – apple or apple and apricot
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 4 tbsp organic honey
- 200g Wholemeal flour
- 50g Rolled oats
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 11/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 11/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 3 tbsp Omega seed mix
- 50g Organic Raisin or Blueberries.
Makes: 12 muffins Preparation: 15mins Baking: 25-30 mins Gas mark: 6 (200c)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a jug measure out the oil and add the eggs. Beat together.
- Pour the yoghurt, Banana, fruit puree and honey into the dry mixture. Add the oil mixture and stir together until just combined.
- Spoon into 12 muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes.