100% Raw Honey: Oak – 650g
Raw honey is honey that has not been heated or processed, it has come from the hive to the jar with minimal interference. Most supermarket honey is highly processed to make it look more attractive, it has usually been drained of pollen, pasteurised and blended with honey from many different sources. You may have seen on the jars that it will say a blend of EU and non EU honey.
- Not pasteurised (which degrades the enzymes, minerals and vitamins).
- Not ultra filtered – which removes the pollen and its benefits.
- Not a blend of different honeys from different countries (which almost all supermarket honey is, even when it is organic).
- The bees aren’t given antibiotics.
- The bees are fed honey not sugar (many beekeepers feed their bees sugar in the winter).